This monsoon stay healthy with these home made drinks.
Monsoon not only calls for extra care of hair and skin but caution in what you eat and drink. Experts suggest that herbal drinks made up of some of the common ingredients easily available in your kitchen can help you stay away from bad health conditions.
1. Golden milk: Monsoon brings along dengue, malaria, and fever. This therapeutic drink is rich in antioxidants that will build up immunity, bring down inflammation, and reduce protein and fluid loss from the body.
Procedure: Boil milk and wa2.ter in a 1:1 ratio. Add a pinch of turmeric, nutmeg, black pepper powder, and 2-3 strands of saffron. Let it simmer till it reduces to half its quantity. Add jaggery to taste and sip on it hot or warm.
2. Kashayam: Kashaya is an Ayurveda drink that works as a decongestant and helps to clear the sinuses. It also has anti-bacterial properties that boosts immunity.
Procedure:: To make simple kashayam dry roast the coriander, cumin, and fennel seeds in a 4:2:1 ratio along with one tablespoon of black peppercorn seeds. Grind these dry spices to a fine powder and store them in an air-tight jar.
To make the brew, boil a glass of water and add one teaspoon kashayam powder and one tsp of grated jaggery to it. Strain and drink it hot.
3. Fennel and carom potion: According to Ayurveda, fennel seeds possess 'Agnikrut' qualities -- that which improves digestive strength. Carom seeds are rich in essential oils, phytochemicals, and minerals like copper that help treat diarrhea, stomach infections, nausea that are typical in rainy season.
Procedure: Add one teaspoon each of fennel (Saunf) and carom (ajwain) seeds to boiling water and let it simmer for some time. Remove from flame and add honey to it. Drink this hor after your meal.
4. Peppermint tea: It is a refreshing way to boost your health. It has the ability to improve digestion, reduce pain, eliminate inflammation,relax the body and mind, cure bad breath, aid in weight loss, and boost the immunity system.
Procedure: Boil 2 cups of water, let it cool for 3-4 minutes and heat 2-3 cups of water separately and add crushed mint leaves. Combine the 2 waters and drink.
5. Rose and Honey tea: It makes the immune system stronger as it is the good source of vitamin C which in turn safeguards you from various health conditions and combats the infection which comes in the monsoon season. It cures sore throat and diarrhea which are common in monsoon.
Procedure: Boil the water, put rose petals in it for 5-6 seconds. Turn off the flame, and let it infuse till the color of the water becomes dark, Strain, add honey and drink.
Thank you for reading. Please visit www.pvcayurvedicortho.com for our ayurvedic treatments and medicines.